Every mobile application developed aims towards providing the best user experience with the highest functionalities that users expect. The mobile app development was able to reach this goal to an extent with the already-present features and capabilities of the smartphones. How will VR be changing the landscape for mobile app development?
The Virtual Reality (VR) has opened up a whole new world of possibilities to provide a next-level user experience.
VR mimics the real-world scenarios through projected visuals that make it feel authentic. With VR, users can quickly use mobile apps and experience the real world as it is meant to be explored.
A lot of global companies like Sony and Samsung are manufacturing VR devices that can be made compatible through applications. With such VR devices increasing in the market, it is only a matter of time for the smartphones to turn into VR devices. It provides an enriched visual experience that is incomparable to the useful, old two-dimensional mobile app features.
The Next Big Thing for User Experience – Immersive Technology
The immersive technology of the VR is one of the first practical uses for mobile applications. From the start of the development of smartphones, we have seen many technologies being introduced and becoming a part of our daily life soon.
Immersive technology is one of the recent adaptations that users have been welcoming. With immersive technology, people can see the items for real, experience with the video and live the experience. It is expected that VR immersive experience is going to become a common sight in many mobile applications shortly.
E-Commerce Mobile Apps
This immersive experience is slowly gaining a foothold in the e-commerce mobile application development. There are a few shopping mobile apps through which you can see the dress, equipment, or any other item in front of your eyes. With the subject directly in front of your eyes, it lets the users make better decisions by taking into account the size, shape, and the designs of the objects. This immersive shopping experience is also expected to cut down the return rate of products. It gives a competitive advantage to those who have adopted it early.
Storytelling Mobile Apps
Storytelling has never been this vivid ever before. With the new immersive technology of VR combined with visual storytelling, the users become one with the story and become a part of it.
One of the practical examples of using immersive technology for storytelling is Henry by Oculus Story Studio, where an animated story of a hedgehog is narrated through a fantastic visual experience. Apart from the authentic storytelling, brands are also planning to include immersive technology to create stories of their brands, to describe the products or introduce new products with VR.
Unparalleled Virtual Experience to Attract Users
While only a few of the mobile applications are run entirely by VR, many others are starting to use it for a few features. Some real estate mobile apps are using VR to provide a 360-degree view of the property and have a feel of the place without having to visit every single one. Similarly, there are a lot more applications which are leveraging the use of VR to start providing simple features to test out the response of the users.
The app developers have found that user engagement is spiking high with VR features. A lot of new users are curious about how it works, and once they get the hang of it. They feel it be entirely user-friendly and become loyal customers. If customer satisfaction is what you are hoping to achieve, then VR can provide an unbeatable edge to create a loyal user base.
How Can VR Help in Providing Exceptional User Experience?
- Travel mobile apps can create 3D world tours of places from all over the world from a single location.
- In the automotive industry, some of the major companies like Ford and Audi are using VR to create 3D models of cars to provide a visual experience to the users through mobile applications.
- In e-learning applications, students can learn better and understand the concepts quickly if complete learning is through VR-enabled syllabus. Students can be quickly taken on a field trip to the Amazon forests and taken to the gates of Vatican City all within the touch of their smartphones.
- Healthcare professionals can operate, explore, and gather practical knowledge through VR mobile apps.
- Some of the major manufacturing companies have started using VR to teach the safety principles and operations on heavy machinery to reduce the downtime and accidents.
- With 3D views of products in mobile apps, the salespersons can easily communicate with the leads and close deals faster.
- Real estate agents can provide a complete view of the house or building for the customers instead of asking them to make visits.
- Customer experience can also be improved with VR with Live Video Chat options from the comforts of the home.
Changing the Face of Apps With VR
The inclusion of VR with mobile app development can transform the business and give them an unprecedented competitive edge. Empower the industry with the next big thing in the technological world and provide a fantastic user experience.
Divyesh is working as platform like React, cross platform and Mobile app development company at Nexmobility.